February 12, 2017 6:19 am
The Ministry through its Departments, Council and Secretariats, will achieve its mandate through the following core functions:
- Formulate gender, child development and social protection policy.
- Co-ordinate gender, child and social protection related programmes and activities at all levels of development.
- Develop guidelines and advocacy strategies for use by all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and in collaboration with Development Partners and civil society organizations,(CSOs) to ensure effective gender and social protection mainstreaming.
- Facilitate the integration of gender, children and social protection policy issues into National Development Agenda.
- Ensure compliance with international protocols, conventions and treaties in relation to children, gender and social protection.
- Conduct research into gender, children and social protection issues.
- Monitor and evaluate programmes and projects on gender, children, the vulnerable, excluded and persons with disabilities
- Ensure the availability of appropriate administrative and financial management systems and support services for the effective and efficient running of the Ministry/Sector for enhanced service delivery
- Coordinate the development and implementation of human resource management policies, systems and programs consistent with the requirements of the sector to enhance service delivery.
- Writes proposal for sourcing of funds from development partners
- Scrutinizes documentation on all projects under implementation to ensure they comply with official guidelines
- Collects data on all development related programmes in the Ministry.
- Performs important duties that may be assigned from time to time;
- Coordinates the work of contractors and writes monthly, quarterly and annual reports.